Calling all Probus/U3A/W.I. groups, works outfits, social societies: book a private tour with us, New Manchester Walks, an umbrella group of official, trained Manchester tour guides who have created a unique and ambitious programme of tours in and around Manchester.
We have taken thousands around the city in recent years on Peterloo, Pankhursts, Pre-Raphaelite, Castlefield, Ancoats, Town Hall, Salford Quays tours, just to name a few.
We also venture to Knutsford, Macclesfield, Haworth, Hebden Bridge and Liverpool.
We pride ourselves on tours that go that bit further with trenchant analysis, witty anecdotes and original research. You thought that Rolls and Royce met at the Midland Hotel? Hear the real story on our Midland Hotel tour? Think again. You thought that the pillar box on Corporation Street is the one that survived the 1996 IRA bomb? Think again, and in the meantime we look forward to meeting you.
How to join a tour
* Minimum bureaucracy; minimum fuss.
* You don’t need to register as some have suggested!
* In the past we just asked people to turn up, without any prior booking, but this didn’t work. People wanted to book. You can book through eventbrite for most tours but you don’t have to. You can just turn up.
Eventbrite is one of the world’s biggest ticketing agencies, and is incredibly easy to use. Here’s how. You choose the tour you want to go on. There are three different ways to book.
* By name. Go to the Walks & Tours page on our website. Click on the walk you’d like to go on and click the eventbrite link on the page. There should be a direct link to the eventbrite booking page. If there isn’t don’t panic! If there is sufficient demand we will get it up on eventbrite as soon as possible.
* By date. Go to the Calendar on our website. Click on the walk you’d like to go on and click the eventbrite link.
* Go direct to eventbrite. Enter the name of the tour, the city, the date. The more details you put in, the easier it is to find the tour.
That’s it! See you on the streets.